In a time of turmoil which books on business, finance, and investing are worth your time? Here is Motley Fool co-founder Tom Gardner’s reading list:
- “Elementary school” — One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch.
- “Junior high” — Investment Fables by Aswath Damodaran.
- “High school” — The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham.
- “University” — You Can Be a Stock Market Genius by Joel Greenblatt.
- “Grad school” — The Road to Serfdom by F.A. Hayek.
Gardner on The Road to Serfdom: “This classic work arguing against increased governmental control over economic affairs is as relevant today as it has ever been, if not more. Recent federal bailouts of automakers such as GM (NYSE: GM) and financial institutions such as Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) make this a must-read for anyone concerned with the intersection of politics, government, and economic policy.”